Our formula is simple: money for college + quality child care = economic mobility. Each Nana Grant helps cover the cost of child care for one year, renewable for the length of the student's program of study at a HOPE-eligible college or university in Georgia. Our goal is to remove the uncertainty of continuous, quality child care from the equation so that student mothers can focus on their studies, graduate and have a rewarding, well-compensated career. Georgia's HOPE Grants and Scholarships expand access to higher education for everyone. Let’s make sure “everyone” includes low-income, single mothers.
- 40% of Georgia’s low-income working families with children are headed by single women.
- Infant care in Georgia costs $1,030 (15.6%) more per year than in-state tuition for 4-year public college.
- Student parents achieve higher grade point averages (GPA) than other students.
- Single mothers with only a high school diploma are three times more likely to live in poverty as those with college degrees.
- For every dollar a single mother invests in an associate's degree, her family gets back $16.45 in increased earnings.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
4994 Lower Roswell Road, Suite 1, Marietta, GA 30068
Call Us: 470-228-1839
Email Us: Admin@NanaGrants.org
Nana Grants, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to ensuring quality, reliable child care for low-income mothers pursuing a postsecondary education.
Nana Grants Inc. is not affiliated with the Technical College System of Georgia, HOPE, or the Georgia Student Finance Commission.